It’s simple with Rincon – it’s officially one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
Unlike Bavaro and Renta Gorda, Rincon beach is wild. It is surrounded by hills, and it is a cove, there are no waves. Neither are there lifeguards, umbrellas, hotels, or even hostels, just you and nature.
Next to the beach is Cabo Cabrón National Park and the Caño Frio Mountain River, where locals often relax on weekends.
Playa Juanillo (Juanillo Beach)
The beach, also ranked as one of the best beaches in the world, is part of the exclusive Cap Cana complex.
It is a popular place for wedding ceremonies and photo shoots – the shallow sea and white sand creates an incredible turquoise color water, but to get to the beach you must be a guest of one of the hotels of Cap Cana.
Punta Rucia and Cayo Arenas
The most popular tours and hotels in the Dominican Republic
Good news for you – you don’t need a visa to the Dominican Republic.
A visa-free regime between Ukraine and the Dominican Republic has been in effect for a long time, since 2001.
All you need to do upon arrival in the country is to buy a tourist card (“tarjeta del tourista”), you can do this at the airport of arrival. The card is issued for 30 days, and you must pay a fee of $ 10 at entry into the country.
If you plan to stay in the Dominican Republic longer than the card expiration date, it must be extended. You can do this at the local police and pay an additional fee. Knowledge of Spanish will certainly be required to communicate with the local authorities.
If you do not extend your stay in the country, you will have to pay a fine at departure – for staying longer than 30 days (but less than 3 months) the fine is 2 500 pesos (
It is important to know that since 01.02.2021 there have been some changes in the rules of crossing the border of Dominica.
Since 01.02.2021 every tourist must fill in and print the QR-code (or download it to your phone) before departure, having previously filled in the questionnaire by following the link https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/небольшую.
There must be a separate questionnaire for each tourist. It is recommended to fill it in 72 hours before departure.
You may also fill it on paper upon arrival, but it will take time. The same procedure should be repeated at the departure from the country and one more QR code should be received for the departure.
The Dominican Republic is one of the few countries, which are open for tourists from Ukraine, for entering which it does not need a PCR test.
When tourists enter the country from Ukraine, they simply get their temperature measured, and random testing of incoming passengers, as well as all those with symptoms, may be conducted.
- A quarantine regime is still in effect in the country. There is a curfew from 19:00 to 05:00 on Monday-Friday and from 17:00 to 05:00 on Saturday-Sunday.
- Parks and sightseeing sites open, subject to social distancing
- Restaurants continue to operate at a maximum of 60% occupancy.
- Hotels continue to operate as usual, with strict adherence to safety protocols.
- Wearing of masks is obligatory everywhere. Failure to comply will result in fines of 1,000 to 5,000 pesos (approximately 20 to 100 USD).
All international tourists arriving on commercial flights and staying at the hotel are guaranteed a free health insurance plan, which provides coverage in case of an emergency in case of infection or contact with COVID-19 while on vacation in the country.
- medical care,
- medical transfers and a relative’s transfer if a visit is needed
- Penalty for airfare change in case of illness,
- lodging for extended stays, and more.
- This insurance will be free for visitors arriving no later than May 30, 2021, and the offer may be extended. To be covered by the health insurance plan, the tourist must enter the country by air only and stay only in a hotel.
Transit through EU countries is very limited.
Transit through France (Paris), Austria (Vienna), Amsterdam, Madrid, Frankfurt-am-Main and some other EU countries and cities is possible. At the time of writing (March 2021), if you are flying into the Dominican Republic from the UK, some other EU countries, or are transiting to the Dominican Republic via Europe, you may need a negative PCR test.
If you are planning to travel through Europe, we will advise you in your specific case.