You can get an American passport using Form DS-82, if it meets the following four requirements:
- Have a passport in good condition (which is not damaged);
- This passport was issued less than 15 years ago;
- You were at least 16 years old when the passport was issued;
- You still use the same name that appears on your most recent passport (or you can legally document any name changes).
You have to make an appointment.
In Santo Domingo, you must make an appointment using our online appointment system.
Comes with all necessary documents at the time of his appointment through the online appointment system or confirmed via email.
All services for US citizens, with the exception of initial passport application for adults over 18 years of age, are offered at consular agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend you to use services of consular agencies if they are closer to your geographic location. For example, Puerto Plata serves Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana or any other city on the northern coast. Punta Cana serves Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any other city on the east coast. Agencies tend to offer services with a shorter latency and serve fewer people.
If you want to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please send an email to the Punta Cana Consular Agency or the Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you have any technical difficulties or do not have internet access, you can make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 in Punta Cana, or by calling (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 in Puerto Plata. In a day of your appointment, bring following documents to the Consular Section:
- Form DS-82. IMPORTANT: You must print your application form after completing it ONLINE and bringing it with you to your appointment. Hand-filled forms are NOT accepted.
- Two photographs 2 “by 2” (5 cm x 5 cm) color (from front face and only white background)
- Most recent US passport and a copy of the same page where your data and picture appear. In Santo Domingo, photocopies can be obtained within the waiting area of the Consulate. At the Consular Agencies, please bring the photocopies with you to the interview.
- Money payment rate
- Photo identification (i.e., driver’s license, ID).
After entering consular section, your documents will be checked for everything you need; you will be asked to pay applicable fee; You will be given a receipt and a ticket. After, you should go to private post office to arrange for your passport to be delivered to your home within three weeks.
Applications for renewal of passports can also be accepted at our Consular Agency in Puerto Plata and Punta Cana. If it is more convenient for you to renew your passport in Puerto Plata or Punta Cana, please call (809) 586-4204 or (809) 586-8017 in Puerto Plata, or at (809) 552-8990 in Punta Cana.